Terms of Service
This site is developed for the global Geocaching community. Terms of service are simple in that all members can create an account free of charge and use the site for community based socialising. Any abusive or threatening posts will be removed and the user will be banned indefinitely. We are completely transparent with our Terms of Service and want you to completely enjoy the site and its features in it's entirety.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on CacheFace, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings that reside under your settings tab. In addition:
1. When you publish content or information using the Everyone setting in your privacy settings, it means that you are allowing everyone to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
2. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about CacheFace, but you understand that we may also use the feedback and suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as we don’t oblige you to offer them).
We do our utmost to keep CacheFace safe, but we can’t guarantee it. We still need your help to keep CacheFace safe, which includes the following:
1. You will not post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spamming) on CacheFace.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access CacheFace, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or site scraping software) .
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not use CacheFace to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
8. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of CacheFace, such as a denial of service attack (DoS) or interference with page rendering or other CacheFace functionality.
9. You will not encourage any violations of this Safety Statement.
3. Account Registration and Security
Users on CacheFace provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on CacheFace, or create an account for anyone other than yourself.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
5. You will not use CacheFace if you are under 16.
6. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
7. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
8. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
9. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
4. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on CacheFace that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise breaks the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on CacheFace if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies without consultation.
3. If you believe you have an intellectual rights infringement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights except with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on CacheFace.
5. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
Commercial advertising on your wall is not permitted as this is considered spamming our community,
CacheFace costs a lot of money to run. Our goal is to have CacheFace remain free for all users by the use of ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
o We will not give your content or information to advertisers.
o You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
• Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your desired audience by buying ads on CacheFace . The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order with us. o When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy (Impressions or clicks) and the amount you want to spend. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as soon as space becomes available. (We limit ads so CacheFace members aren’t inundated with advertising) When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the caching networks you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
o In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify. This is an enhancement at no extra charge.
o The amount you owe will be calculated based on our site tracking mechanism.
o We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
o We can not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
o We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. You can cancel your Order at any time. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
o Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
o We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
o We may reject or remove any ad for any reason. Specifically if not geocaching or outdoor related.
o If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
• You confirm that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
• You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
o We can change this Statement if we provide you notice (4 weeks) and an opportunity to comment. All changes should they arise will be made public via an announcement on CacheFace.
o We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
o Your continued use of CacheFace following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you break this Statement, we can stop providing all or part of CacheFace to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
o If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on CacheFace, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on CacheFace and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on CacheFace. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on CacheFace. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of CacheFace.
• We try our best to keep CacheFace online, free of bugs, and safe, but you do use the site at your own risk.
• We are providing CacheFace AS IS without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
• We do not guarantee that CacheFace will always be safe, secure or error-free or that CacheFace will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections.
• CacheFace is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
• We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or CacheFace, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
o By "CacheFace” we mean the services we make available.
o By "Platform" we mean our website and services (such as content) that enable others to retrieve data from CacheFace.
o By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with CacheFace.
o By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on CacheFace that would not be included in the definition of information.
o By "post" we mean post on CacheFace or otherwise make available by using CacheFace.
o By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
o By "we" we mean CacheFace.
o By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into CacheFace at least once in the previous 30 days.
• Other Info
o This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding CacheFace, and supersedes any other prior agreements.
o Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
o You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
o All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
o Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
o This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
o We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
o You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing CacheFace.
o We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws.
o CacheFace are an independent geocaching social networking platform.